About Me

My photo
I'm 19 year's old. I am attending Community College for 2 years then I will transfer to Crown College for Children's Ministry with a minor in History. I love music, I love teach music to JUMP kids :)

Monday, April 4, 2011

Be Yourself....judge Everyone Else?

Be Yourself....Judge Everyone Else?
So this summer I went to LIFE 2010, a huge youth conference for our church denomination the CM&A ( Christian Missionary Alliance.)It was in Louisville Kentucky this year. I went three years ago to the on in Orlando Florida. Yea LIFE, If you haven't gone I recommend going next time! But anywho back to the post.

This year a young man named Bradley Hathaway was there. I had saw him three years ago. I got to admit when I saw him last time, he didn't look good. Infact he almost looked anorexic. If you don't know who Mr. Hathaway is, he is a poet who loves God. Lately he's been in the music area. He's pretty cool. So this year he was there yet again, and this time he looked really good. Infact I thought he was kindof cute :)! He's only 28 theres only a 9 year age difference haha! But seriously, he said he had started to work out a little bit, and you could tell. So this yea I decided to go to his seminar. It was called "Be Yourself." Which I thought was perfect, because sometimes I can struggle in that area. I went with my friend Brad ( Ironic, I know) and the room was PACKED! I we sat in the front on the floor because there were no chairs left. In fact Bradley had to tell them to close the doors since there was literally no room. Bradley did some of his poetry, and talked about being yourself ( Obviously.) when we were done with the seminar I was just amazed! this man was so amazing! Hes not scared to be himself. After the seminar, my friends and I were talking about him. and I was just shocked at what they were saying about him. They said that he acts a little gay, hes weird, hes not that good, so on so forth. I couldn't believe it. I was angry. Not because I thought he was "cute" but just because Bradley Hathaway doesn't meet the "worlds" standards. Mr. Hathaway really gets into his poetry which is awesome. It's how he expresses himself. He, like David, is Undignified, and It seemed no matter how much I told my friend's that they didn't get it. In fact they kind of laughed at. Mr. Hathaway doesn't care about what people think, He lives his life for God, and God only. It makes me mad, that my friends, and I'm sure other people, The "Christians" Were making fun of a man, who loves God and is just being himself. Who are they to Judge? So Should I not be myself, for fear I would be made fun of by " Christians?" my Brothers and sisters? Christ says we are brothers and sisters. Doesn't that mean Mr. Hathaway is our brother? Should we really be making fun of him? Seriously? Just because God gave him a gift, and he loves doing what he does. What I love the most about Bradley Hathaway is that he broke away from what everyone else does. Yes his poetry is different, and yes he may get really into it on stage, but you know what he has? Passion. Thats all it is. Like I said He loves what he does. I strive to be like him. Not with poetry but my life. He doesn't care what the "world" thinks. The fact that he can stand on stage in front of 7,000 people, and act the way he does, and I can barely move while I stand on stage in front of my youth group of about 60 people, thats awesome!

But Bradley Hathaway is most likely not the only person that is judged by "Christians" for being different. So remember before you Judge someone for being different,they are probably being UNDIGNIFIED for God. Like David said to his wife while dancing in the streets " I will become even more undignified then this."


-Sam

" Being Yourself isn't about being Unique. It's about being Sincere,"
- Quoted by Bradley Hathaway

No comments: