About Me

My photo
I'm 19 year's old. I am attending Community College for 2 years then I will transfer to Crown College for Children's Ministry with a minor in History. I love music, I love teach music to JUMP kids :)

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Soda Sucks!

So most of you know I work at one of the local grocery stores in Red Oak. The store I work at is Fareway. I love my job, because I get to see many people, and My boss is really good at letting me take time off when I need it. The down side to my job is when people have had a bad day, and they go grocery shopping, they can really let out their anger on the cashier. I always seem to get the people that like to buy cigarettes. Well guess what! I don't smoke, so I have no Idea what they are talking about most of the time. Another thing I hate, is the cleaning and Facing! That's what this post is about tonight.

Tonight we seemed to be really busy. So Facing was pretty much out of the question. We started but we never got finished in the time we needed to be. at 7:00 two girls left. So I was 2ND checker. So that meant I was pretty much up front the WHOLE Night and I still needed to face. at 8:45 p.m. I was like OK I need to help Whitney clean, because she left at 9 which meant I would then be first checker, and I would have to clean the front then go face! So Whitney and I cleaned like crazy! 9:00 comes, Becca leaves. So guess what! I'm the only girl at that moment that can face because the boys we stocking! great! I had pretty much a whole store to face! How lucky am I? So Whitney asks tonight's manager if she can stay and help he tells her NO! So I start facing. Then Jill comes out from the office and helps me. 10:05 we are finally done! ya. Well Ben ( to nights manager) tells us we need to face the soda that's in the front. Ahhh I just wanted to go home! 10:10 Jill and I are facing soda. Well guess what! I drop a 12 pack of Dr.Pepper. And guess what happens when you drop soda! It EXPLODES! So now I need to go get the mop. So I go to the back and get the mop and the mop bucket. Well guess what! I'm rolling the bucket and it tips over! So mop water is every where and even better the mop is stuck in the medal thingy! so Wyatt comes over and helps me clean that mess then I go over and clean up the Soda mess. I didn't leave the store till about 10:20.....So I thought I would share my awesome night at the store!...........

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Sorry you had such bad night. Seems like you need those once in awhile to make you glad for the good nights. Just think you don't have to work tomorrow and someone else may drop the pop. Love Mimie

Sherry said...

Sam, I'm sorry that you had a bad night but I know the person you are and there is a blessing in this becasue I know you didn't use choice words or walk away from your duty to do a good job! You are maturing into adulthood!! Look at it this way, I don't think anyone has had 2 bad days in a row have they? You will have a better day! I also like to listen to that song by Daniel Powter "Bad Day when I have had a bad day, it makes me smile!
Hey, was it Diet Dr. Pepper by any chance that's my favorite! Sorry Sam just trying to make you laugh! Love YA! Sherry

Heather said...

Sorry about your cruddy night sweetie! Sometimes things just go like that!! Thankfully, you don't work again until Friday and on Friday you get off at 7pm. Next week......VACATION;)

I love you soooo much!

PS..
Awesome use of puncuation in this post!!!!

Robin said...

Sorry you had such a rough night - some days seem to go like that...

Hoping your next day at work goes better and you get a bunch of cheerful shoppers :)