About Me

My photo
I'm 19 year's old. I am attending Community College for 2 years then I will transfer to Crown College for Children's Ministry with a minor in History. I love music, I love teach music to JUMP kids :)

Saturday, August 2, 2008

My Birthday............

So my Birthday is in exactly 10 ( Aug. 12Th) It's funny, because I was just telling my mom it feels like I just had my 16Th birthday not that long ago! So I'm going to tell you the story of my FABULOUS 16TH birthday party! Here it goes!

Last summer I went to LIFE 2007, LIFE is a big youth conference, that lasts about a week and it every 3 years! So I'm lucky because I went my 9th grade year and I get to go my senior year! Ok I will write about LIFE later. But anyway we left July 3rd. went for a week then I flew to California to see my dad. Now pretty much the whole time I was at my dad's house I was talking to Amber about my Sweet 16! Cause hello its my 16TH birthday! I told Amber and my mom who I wanted to come, and so on so forth. I also told Amber I wanted a big happy birthday banner in the ally way. That connects to our house and to the pole across. She said she would see what she could do. So I left California Aug. 11th and I was supposed to arrive to Iowa at 12:00 Midnight so pretty much my birthday! which I was pumped up for! So my mom and grandma came to the airport to pick me up, and my mom had flowers for me for my birthday, yes I felt special! :) So anyway we are just about home and my mom calls Amber to tell her to unlock the door. So we get to the allyway and that is something Big and Black in the ally. I was like what the heck, so I go out and investigate. I lifted it up and it was my happy birthday sign. It had black ducktape on it so it could connect to the house and pole but it didn't hold. And seeing the ducktape, I automaticly knew that Miles had helped Amber with it lol. ( Miles is a Ducktape Fanatic!) So I get my bags and get to the door. And the door is locked. I got just a little irritated because my bags were really heavy and my mom had just called and told her to unlock the door! So Amber unlocks the door, and its dark in the kitchen, and I noticed she was holding the camera. And I was like ok, because Amber likes to take pictures of herself so I thought nothing of it. We said hi. I put one foot in the door and all of my friends jump out and start screaming surpirse! And I screamed because I was scared to death! But then I got really excited because I missed them so much! I found out that Miles and Michael had helped decorate my house my dinning room was full of streamers. It was so RADICAL! Most of my friends stayed the night that night. Then the next day we went to church then it was party time! PB grilled, my friend came and we talked and hung out. We had SO MUCH FUN! My mom got me an awesome cake! And the whole party was just amazing! Then that night us teens went to the church and played Gargoyles. Which is a REALLY fun Game! So to me I had the best Sweet 16 In the whole world! I wouldn't ever change it!

6 comments:

Sherry said...

Sam,
You have the coolest Mom ever!! What a great birthday party! It's been along time since I have been 16 but I can honestly say only certain kids can use the term "sweet" 16 and that's exactly what you are "SWEET"! Keep up your faith, you have touched so many by your faith in God!

Sharon said...

Sam, it so fun having you home for your birthday's. So many of them you were in CA with your dad. Hope camping is going to be fun for you. It will be for me because we will all be together with no TV or video games, just time together that's a new concept. Hope lot's of your friends can make it for tubing and smore's Love ya

Heather said...

Your Sweet 16 bash was AWESOME! I am sooo glad you loved it as much as you did. You are such an easy girl to please. I know we don't have a lot of money to do the things you would REALLY like to do, but you are always so gracious about the little things. That's what makes you sooo special.

I hope your 17th birthday is just as enjoyable and memorable for you. I am sooo looking forward to being off for the entire week and hanging out with all of my most favorite people:)

I love you sooooo much!

Susan said...

What an awesome birhtday that was. You will remember that for a long time. Wonder what they are going to do for you this year. Can't wait to hear about it.

Robin said...

Glad your 16th birthday was special! Hope you next birthday in a few days is terrific too!

Robin said...

I just read your mom's comment and I can so relate to not having a lot of money to spend on birthdays - its cool that you guys make it special without loads of cash!

We just went to a birthday party for a 6 year old and she had a massive moon bounce, a station for arts and crafts, pizza, cake and a DJ. I was surprised especially about the DJ for a 6 year old.

My kids have just had cake and ice cream with the family and have been perfectly content with that. They always get to pick the kind of cake that I make and what topping is on it and what colors I use as well as the flavor of ice cream. I try to make sure they know how special they are and how much I love them every day.