About Me

My photo
I'm 19 year's old. I am attending Community College for 2 years then I will transfer to Crown College for Children's Ministry with a minor in History. I love music, I love teach music to JUMP kids :)

Monday, February 21, 2011

Human

There are two songs lately that have hit me hard. Human by Natalie Grant and My own little world By: Matthew West. These two songs have hit me hard because I always felt Like I was supposed to do more then I have. I just don't know where to begin! Sometimes I feel like " How can I change anything, when I'm only me, just one person?" But then I think of all the people in history who wanted to "be the change" and it was only one person. Of course there were also the behind the scenes people too. Like William Wilberforce. William lived in London in the 1700's. In 1780 he was elected in to parliament, And was conflicted with the choice to do what God was clearly calling him to do or to stick with parliament. He ended up doing both. IN fact he started seeing what God wanted him to do saying ""My walk is a public one," he wrote in his diary. "My business is in the world, and I must mix in the assemblies of men or quit the post which Providence seems to have assigned me." In 1791, 1792, 1793, 1797, 1798, 1799, 1804, and 1805- William Wilberforce presented bills to parliament for his cause. He was defeated each year. But William NEVER gave up, he just tried harder. He never let politics, family, or friends get in his way, or let them tell him he couldn't do it. Wilberforce fought for what he believed in. Finally in 1807, after so many years of battling, Parliament gave way and passed the bill. On March 25th 1807 William Wilberforce abolished the slave trade. Sadly Wilberforce, died in 1833, and a month later Parliament passed the " Slavery Abolition Act" Which meant all slaves in the British Empire were free.

Wilberforce, was not alone, there were a lot of the behind the scenes people, Like Thomas Clarke. Wilberforce just took a lot of the brunt, because he was part of Parliament. and there are many people I'm sure that helped Wilberforce.

I don't know what God has in store for me. I don't know what he wants me to do...I'm still waiting, and I will continue to wait, I just pray I can be like William. Brave, and willing to do what it takes, not letting anything stop me.

Father,
Thank you for sending William Wilberforce to free the slaves in British Empire. Thank you for opening his heart to you. Thank you for letting him succeed. Lord, I don't know what your planning, but I am willing..Use me for what you want me to do..I don't want to be in my own little world. I want to see out side of it. Give me YOUR eyes, so I can see everything that I keep missing, give me love for humanity! Give me your arms for the broken hearted ones that are far beyond my reach, give me YOUR heart for the ones forgotten! My own little world is not about me. I love you!

No comments: