About Me

My photo
I'm 19 year's old. I am attending Community College for 2 years then I will transfer to Crown College for Children's Ministry with a minor in History. I love music, I love teach music to JUMP kids :)

Monday, February 21, 2011

Ladies and Gentleman! She has a sense of humor!

So I have been currently working at Fareway for about 4 years now....I really do like my job, I know alot of people hate it, but honestly I love it! I love working with the people that I work with. Each are unique and funny. I couldn't ask for a better place:) except for Jan. Jan is an older woman, probably in her late 50's early 60's. Trying to get this woman to smile is like trying to catch a Panda. It's difficult. Jan does have her good days though. Someday's she says please and thank you! Other day's no. Last week this woman was bothering me. I mean she was just getting under my skin, her whole attitude sucked! She would randomly call me to the front end, move my drawer before even asking me, and then tell me " I'm going to go do my stuff" and she just leaves, not even asking " hey are you doing anything important at the moment?" Most of the time yea I am. hello, I am the only one on the floor that doesn't have a section that I have to attend to, so I have to stock. But on day's she asks I just do it, so that way she can get her stuff done, but now it's really irritating me, not because I mind staying up there, it's again her whole attitude. I try talking to her, and the conversation last literally 2.4 seconds. She gives me these one worded answers then looks at me like I'm an idiot. So this week I have had about enough of her. Then today she changed. This morning started out like usual she ignored me and went on about her business, then we started getting really busy so I was up front for a while. This guy, came through my line, and and these peppers that are small and orange. I had seen them before but I had no idea what they were called! so I was asking people, and noone knew, so I took a leap of faith and asked Jan. She looked at me for a minute and said "orange peppers, I don't know!" and She LAUGHED! She really laughed! I couldn't help it, I laughed with her! Then she started talking to me about her Thanksgiving plans, it was insane! The woman actually held a conversation with me!!! Today turned out not to be to bad, I don't know what Jan's deal is most of the time, but I do know she has had a lot happen to her, I will continue to pray for her, and enjoy the times she is nice :)

No comments: