About Me

My photo
I'm 19 year's old. I am attending Community College for 2 years then I will transfer to Crown College for Children's Ministry with a minor in History. I love music, I love teach music to JUMP kids :)

Monday, February 21, 2011

What If?

It's 3 a.m., I am having the hardest time sleeping.....so much on my mind, and just ahh! Tonight I watched a movie called "Pay it forward" It talks about a kid who helps 3 people, who in return help three more people, so on so forth.

What if our world was like that? What if one person takes the step of faith and helps three people? Would they in return help 3 more people? Think about it..You help 3 people, they each help 3 people and it keeps going. Pretty neat idea! Where in History did we stop helping each other? When did we start thinking that child trafficking was OK? Why is it, when we see a woman with her car hood open, and no one stops to ask if everything is OK? When did we get to the point that we are to afraid to stop/ or receive help because we don't know the person, and we watch the news..We know what happens. When did we get to the point that we tell people it's OK to give up on our generation? Seriously! I had a lady tell me that! This woman, her daughter, and and her little brother ( so I thought) came in to the store, The girl had to be about 14/15. I looked at her, then what I thought was her little brother, and said " Little brother?" the girl looked at me and smiled and said " No He's my nephew." The mother said " Oh I bet she was happy to hear that! Most people think it's her son!" I said " oh, well I didn't think that..I try to have more faith in our generation." The woman looked at me and said " Well don't. this is her sisters baby and shes pregnant with another one" It crushed me....

What if our world had a little more faith in this generation? How would it change things? Why is it so hard for people to be kind, or to love someone? Why do we have to have our own groups, and leave others out? My favorite quote from Natalie Grant: "We gotta do better than this cuz we only got
One chance to make a difference
We gotta do better than this cuz we only got
One life that we've been given
A little love, a little kindness
A little light in this time of darkness
It'll be what makes us different
It'll be what makes us human
I'm human, you're human, we are human "

It just takes one person to be different, to step out of their daily routine, To help one person. Could you imagine what our world would look like?

I personally am going to try this "pay it forward deal" If this is a step to changing the world, then I'm going to do it.

I've got to do better then this,cause I've only got one chance, to make a difference I've gotta do better then this because I'm only just one.

No comments: