About Me

My photo
I'm 19 year's old. I am attending Community College for 2 years then I will transfer to Crown College for Children's Ministry with a minor in History. I love music, I love teach music to JUMP kids :)

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Me

Hello
My name is Samantha, but most people call me Sam or Sammie. This is my first time blogging. I've never been much of a blogger. My mom is the one who told me I should do, so I thought what the heck? Why not try it? So I guess I will just make this first entry about me.

Im 16 years old. I will be 17 August 12th. I live in Red Oak, IA, and I have been living here for about 12/13 years. I live with my mom, Her name is Heather. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother. My sister Amber is 16 years old. And no she is not my twin. She is adopted. My younger sister is Jordan and she is 11 years old. Even though I call her 10 sometimes. I forget and I get yelled at by her :). My brothers name is Josh. he is 15 years old, and live in California with my dad who is Edward. Im Homeschooled, and I am dule-enrolled in ROHS ( Red Oak High School) I will be a junior this year. I have the GREATEST Friends in the whole world.I can count on them for pretty much anything. Im very involved in my youth group. I love to sing, and I can play a little piano ( currently learning) I absolutly love to read. Its my favorite thing to do. and I love to be with my family and friends. I want to go to Timberline Bible College after highschool then go to Crown College. I want to Major in music and be a missionary. Um thats pretty much me so if you have any questions to ask just ask me and I will happily respond back! :)

3 comments:

Robin said...

Great post Sam! I love to read also and have a blog that I use for telling about books that I've read - www.robinsreadingroom.blogspot.com

Not sure what type of books you like to read. Lately I've read a bunch of Amish books, but they aren't my typical read. I really enjoy reading Randy Alcorn and Ted Dekker books.

A missionary - how wonderful! I pray that God leads and directs each step of the way. Currently my husband is on a short-term mission trip to Alaska with a group from my church. Personally, I'd like to go somewhere like Haiti (I think). But at the same time there are so many people right here in the USA who need God.

Do you have plans to go to school somewhere to train or does your church offer training? What an incredible journey you are in for... God with God! Go in HIS Power!

Samantha said...

Hi Robin!
I love Ted Dekker...He is a great Author. Have you tried reading Frank Peretti? He is also very good. In fact him and Ted have a book they wrote together called HOUSE. Its very very good! I also like love novels.. Like janett Oke.

Haiti would be fun to go to so would Alaska. I know, the USA is Lost to..I try to be a missionary at my school.

I plan on going to Timberline Bible College. http://timberlinelodge.org/
It will help me with the bible more.

Crown College is where I will get my training and stuff.

Robin said...

Hi Sam,

I've read every book Ted Dekker wrote or co-wrote including House. He pushes the (I'm not sure what) but I like his writing. I read a bunch of Jeanette Oke books when I was your age too.

I'm sure you are doing a great job at your school or where ever God places you. Keep trusting HIM and don't rely on your own power! Give HIM the glory!