About Me

My photo
I'm 19 year's old. I am attending Community College for 2 years then I will transfer to Crown College for Children's Ministry with a minor in History. I love music, I love teach music to JUMP kids :)

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The White Family...................

So about a 2 years ago, My Church got a new associate Pastor. Which was cool and all. Pastor Dave told us that the new pastor's name was Brett, and he has a wife named Heather and that they have 4 kids. I was like right on. Our church had been looking for a new associate pastor for a while now. So Pastor Brett and his family moved to Red Oak. And to make it even better ( Not jkjk)They lived on the next street over from us. So from our house you can see theirs. So Halloween Rolls around.( YAY) We decided to Tee-P our then youth Pastor Trevor's house and Pastor Dave's house. SO we Tee-peed both houses. But Unfortunately Pastor Dave caught us! But what he didn't catch is us stuffing his car with toilet paper! :)

ATTENTION ALL ADULTS: WHEN HALLOWEEN ROLLS AROUND, PLEASE LOCK YOUR CARS IF YOU KNOW A GROUP OF TEENAGERS!THANK YOU :)

Then my friends and I got an AWESOME Idea! WE wanted to properly welcome Brett and Heather to Red Oak! OK not really we just wanted to Tee-P their house because we think its funny. At first my mom wasn't sure, because we didn't know them well, and well Pastor Brett or PB looks like a serious person ( hes not if you get to know him) But you know, when we kids had our mind set on it we were gonna do it. So we arrived to the house, and noticed that they were still up, in fact they were in their living room! Did that stop us??? NO! so we just started draping the trees and everything we could with toilet paper. what made it so fun? the fact that we could get caught and this pastor that we don't know will start yelling at us :) So 2 of my friends were throwing toilet paper back and forth on a tree right by the living room window. Well my friend missed the throw and it actually hit the window. We all froze! in my mind I was like CRAP! We are so dead! They didn't even move from their seats! so we just continued, and left.

The next day we all planned to go over and help clean up. When we got to the house the yard was already cleaned! So my mom called PB and he told us that he wasn't mad, he had his son Kaleb who was 13 at the time clean it up. Poor Kaleb! I felt so bad! I mean there was a lot of toilet paper in the trees and everything! To this day PB and PD ( pastor Dave) still say they are going to get all of us back. But we have yet to see anything.

My family and I have had a lot of fun with the White Family. I baby-sit for them whenever they need it. I Love the little girls! Their oldest daughter Madison is 7, the middle is Megan who is 5, the second youngest Sammy is 4 and they now have a baby girl names Alexia who is 5 months. I have fun with these girls. They say the funniest things sometimes that get me to laugh! For instance I was over at their house the other day and I have no idea how we got into this but the conversation was about marriage. Madison looked at me and was like How old are you going to be when you get married? Well I don't know I'm not God! so I looked at her and said " well maybe in college.??" Well PB is in the other room playing video games and of course he hears that and is like " After College!" then I looked at Madison " or in College :)
How old will you be when You get married?" she looked at me and thought for a minute " I'M GOING TO BE 20!" ha ha so you know I had to say that loud enough for the father to hear! Madison walks in the room where PB is playing video games, she comes back out and she goes " actually I'm going to be 28" I asked her who told her to say that and what does she do? She points to her dad. lol. Now Megan is sitting behind me on the back of the couch just being quiet. " You know what Sam?"
" What Megan?" "When I get married I want to be 80!" That made me laugh, that actually made my day!

Their second youngest daughter Sammy is potty-training right now. Her birthday party was on saturday. PB was in the other room changing her pull-up so I went in to talk to her. I told her that if she went potty in the potty I will take her to go get Ice cream and go get big girl undies! This made her excited she looked at me and was like " Big girl undies like Madison and Megan?" I told her yes. And after that I reassured her that Madison and Megan can go get ice cream if she wanted them to go. She assured me that she did but then she made sure to tell me that Alexia can't go becuse she is to little. :) So I came over yesterday, and Heather tells me that Sammy is going potty in the potty and that she is excited because I said we would go for ice cream and go get undies. So next thing I know is Sammy comes in the living room and her eyes got big and she was like " SAM I went potty on the potty! Are we going to get Ice cream and big girl unides yet?" I told her we would but she has to be fully potty-trained! SO she is now working hard!

The White Family is like another family. PB is almost like a father figure in way, I know it sounds weird, I can't even believe I'm saying! cause I can't stand him! jkjk. My actual dad lives in california, he doesn't believe in God, he think I should have sex before I'm married, and that I should live with my boy friend, before I get married, so on so forth. PB is there telling me the opposite ( I would hope seeing how hes a pastor) But hes there if we need anything, hes encourageing ( unlike my dad). So hes like pretty much my christian Dad -oo new nick name! CD! just kiddin! I just want to thank him for that, because even though I have a dad, I don't. Great now Im crying. See I hate it when I blog! lol. Brett has had a huge inpact on my life And so has Heather. Heather is like a mom, Not that my mom isn't bad! My moms a great mom. But I can go to Heather with anything like I can go to my mom about anything. She's like Brett, helping me with choices, encouraging me, being their if I need them! So yea they rock my socks! I love you guys! Thank you for being there!..............

7 comments:

pb said...

Love ya kid!
pb

Samantha said...

Love Ya too PB

Heather said...

OK. You almost made me cry. STOP THAT!

Um. Really like CD as PB's new nickname!!! LOL!

Have I told you how much I love you?? Yea. Probably have, but I do! Soooo much! I am soooo grateful that God made me your mom.

Susan said...

Great post. I read and hear you talk about kids and I know the day the Lord blesses you with a family you are going to be such a wonderful Mom.

Also watch out if they said they are going to get you back it is going to be when you least expect it.

Also I think we might be going to the pool on Thursday I can't remember if you work or not.

Samantha said...

@ Mom...Yea CD is pretty cool....lol... I love you soooo much too!

@Susan- Thanks Susan!...Yea but its been like 2 years! lol
No I dont work Thursday! I work today, Friday, and saturday

Sharon said...

My Sam Lamb,so glad you have someone to talk with, he is kinda cool (don't tell him I said so). It is important to have people in your life you can talk to, glad he is so close. I'm verty proud of your blogs and that you have so much compassion for others. You are a very wonderful young women and I love you sooooooooo much, Mimie

Robin said...

Cool post! You have a great mom and some other wonderful adults to influence and impact your life and love you throug it all! You are blessed!