About Me

My photo
I'm 19 year's old. I am attending Community College for 2 years then I will transfer to Crown College for Children's Ministry with a minor in History. I love music, I love teach music to JUMP kids :)

Thursday, July 24, 2008

School.........Youth group.....Judging

So I just found out from friends not that long ago that school pretty much starts in like 3 weeks. EWWWWWWWWWW......I'm not a school fan. Now if I could sit in History, or choir all day then I will be fine. I'm excited because this year I made Minnisingers.. which is pretty much show choir! I'm very involved with music. Last year I went to small group contest and got a 3 which is pretty cool! I take voice lessons from our Choir teacher Mr. Eldridge. Hes the coolest teacher! I'm very excited to see some of my friends at school that I haven't seen all summer. I'm also excited because when school starts that means one thing! YOUTH GROUP! I am so pumped up for that! I love my youth group! We get kids who are Christians, but the cool part is we get a lot of kids from my school who aren't Christians. So its cool so see them come. Even if they aren't accepting Christ at that moment its cool to see them still coming every week.

There was this one girl named Brittney. And she has a history at our school. well with religions. She was a witch, Mormon,catholic,christian..etc. So kids kind of made her an outcast because she was weird. she would try to do spells on people. I remember the one time my friend Kathrine told me she sent her demons after Miles and I. And Miles was like " Well it didn't work you know why? Because we have the shield of God!" I kind of chuckled cause he was right. I remember last year Brittney started going to our youth group. And I was thinking, why is she here? she doesn't want God! And I mean every week it was drama with her. all the time. But I started to get to know Brittney..and I realized she to is trying to seek him. How quick was I to judge! Today Brittney attends church, Sunday school, and our bible study. She accepted Jesus as her savior. And everyday its a struggle for her, But when it gets hard she talks to me about it. We are friends now.

Watching Brittney made me realize that I can't judge people. This year at XtremeFaith instead of judging kids, on what they do at school, and stuff I'm going to be friends with them. Because like Brittney most of them are seeking God. They may not know it, but by me not ignoring them or judging them I can help them....XtremeFaith should be fun this year.....................

6 comments:

Heather said...

You are so right about judging people. I struggle with that too, sometimes. It's hard, but Christ tells us to love and you are such a cool example of what that looks like. Brittany is trying hard and you're so good for her.

God, I am soooo thankful for the work you are doing in Sam's life!! THANK YOU!

I love you bunches Samlamb!

Susan said...

Sam that is wonderful .I want you to remember that when your sister comes home. Give her the Grace you are going to give others. You are such a great girl and God has really touched your heart. You are going to do great things for the kingdom.

Anonymous said...

I am very glad to blog meet you! :) my daughter is 16 and also blogs.. http://trinalove.wordpress.com I am sure she would be ecstatic to get a comment from someone her age..

I am a friend of your moms, and hope you all stop in PA sometime and hang with us!! I am going to add you later to my blogroll if thats okay..I will wait for you to comment and tell if its good!

Darla Princess Overcomer

Samantha said...

Hello 4evrhis...yes its fine!

Carol said...

Good for you...accepting Brittany and making her feel welcome, and now she is your Christian sister. How cool is that!!! Keep up the good work witnessing. You must have an awesome youth group....sounds like a neat place to hang out!

Robin said...

Amen! You are on target! Don't judge 'em just love 'em like Jesus!