About Me

My photo
I'm 19 year's old. I am attending Community College for 2 years then I will transfer to Crown College for Children's Ministry with a minor in History. I love music, I love teach music to JUMP kids :)

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Scary things.........

You know living in a small town, it has its good points and its bad points. One of the most popular quotes people use when they want to move to a small town is " Its a safe place to raise my children" well yes and no. Sure you move here have kids, you are able to let them go outside and play, and ect. But what happends when they start highschool? Is it safe anymore? I look around all the time and the kids I knew in elementry school aren't the kids I know anymore. The kids that used to play tetherball, hopscotch, jumprope, ect..are gone. Now they are doing drugs and sleeping around. you know in about 3 years about 9 kids died. Crazy? I know right! We had drug over doese, and car crashes due to speeding. one kid died of natural causes and one kid died by a train accident. I went to the fair this weekend. and they have a thing called the babycontest. So I got my pastor's wife Heather , to enter their 5 month daughter Alexia in to it. She won the cutest onezie and diper--yes ladies and gentalman we have our new underware model! :) But the baby who got 3rd place scared me. Not that the baby was scary it was the mother. The mother is my age. I never really talked to her, but I remember she was in my class in elementry school. And now here she was holding her daughter at the cutest baby contest. So many girls in my school drop out cause they got pregant. I hear so many girls talking about who they slept with over the weekend. I look at the way they are dressed, and Im like PUT SOMETHING ON PLEASE! I hear about how they got stoned this weekend. not just girls but guys too. I used to wonder why I never really fit in with my highschool. But I understand now. For fun these Kids drink, smoke, have sex, ect. It makes me sad to know that most of these kids will be stuck in Red Oak for the rest of their lives.

8 comments:

Heather said...

WOW! Great post!

Have I told you lately how proud of you I am??? Well, I am! You are such a good example of living out a Christian life.

I love you so very much!
Mom

Heather said...

Hey!

Thought you would enjoy this blog:
http://incahoots.wordpress.com/

They are the kiddo's of a fellow blogger, Tam. Make sure and leave a comment for them.

Have fun:)

Susan said...

Yeah what a great blog you have Sam. I know that is pretty scary what is happening with our teens today. We just have to keep praying and being the light in a dark and lonely world.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere lady!!! I'll be an every day reader! You have changed so much 9in looks) since we've left! You are a beautiful young woman; inside and out! He is well-pleased!

Samantha said...

Hey Guys! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you all!

Lori!~ Its so good to hear from you! I miss you guys alot! Come back and visit me!

Carol said...

Hi Sam, I came to read your blog at your Mom's suggestion on her blog. The things you wrote about here are so common to the world we live in today, and I am just plain sorry that you have to put up with all that junk. I cannot imagine all the peer pressure and "stuff" you have to sift through on a daiy basis as you make your choices to live for Jesus. Just wanted you to know that I will be praying your influence in the world you live in will be far reaching, and that you make it safely through this period of your life! You have a great Mom...a living example of what being a Christian is all about. And she has a great daughter who is taking her stand for Christ. Keep up the good work!

Robin said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I came over from your mom's blog. You sound so together!

Samantha said...

Thank you Carol and Robin..I will enjoy your blogs as well!