About Me

My photo
I'm 19 year's old. I am attending Community College for 2 years then I will transfer to Crown College for Children's Ministry with a minor in History. I love music, I love teach music to JUMP kids :)

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Worship Team...??

So this year I am once again on my youth group's worship team band. Which is exciting, because I love to sing, and I like to worship through singing. I left for my dad's house at the end of may and stayed till june 26th. By then the rest of the band had already started. When I got back I went to practice, and it did NOT go well. The band was completely off, us singers had no idea what were doing, especially when the band was going to fast, or going way to slow. Nobody had heard from our drummer in a month. So we had to fill him in with Caleb who is good, but not as good as Travis. Travis can listen to the song once and pretty much get it. And none of us were really taking the lead. So we were a mess!

I came to church last sunday and Miles, Brandon, Victoria and Michael were in the hall way. Miles asked me straight out, what do you think of the band? How do you think its going? I looked at him and everyone else and told them " Not very well..We pretty much SUCK!" So we all decided to talk to the adults which are Connie- youth pastor, Pastor Dave, My mom Heather who is in charge of vocals, and Randi who is supposed to be in charge with the band. SO today we all went in there and we told them how we felt. In return they told us how they felt.

So after I asked if we could practice. My mom said she was willing to stay at the church so we could practice, since thats wear all the equipment is. So we went in the sanctuary, Brandon, Miles,Caleb, and Travis got their instuments hooked up. Victoia put on the sound system, and got our mics ready. We decide to play " Tell The World" By Hillsong United. This scared me because, 2 weeks ago we were HORRIBLE!
So Travis listend to the song first before we started. Then it was our turns to play. Travis started on the drumms, then Brandon on the bass, then Miles on electic guitar. Then Caleb was on the jimbae, then Vicotria, Miles, and I started to sing. And I couldn't believe it. We sounded like a real band! Miles and Brandon had practiced in Brandon's basement. I was just amazed. Miles took awesome Leadership! He stopped us, when we were off. He told Victoria and I where we were supposed to come in at. It was amazing. At first my mom said she could'nt hear us. But when we did it a second time she said we sounded really good! I was like Omgosh! This is absoulutly AMAZING!We hope to practice more then we are. But we always need to remember the God is the reason we are doing this. We are worshiping him.

So I need help from all of you! My mom told us we should come up with a band name. So Miles wants us to think of some names by next Sunday and we will Vote. The name I like is Undignified. But if anyone as any other names let me know so I can share them with the rest of the band! Thanks!!!!!!!!

~BAND~

Brandon Updegrove- Bass guitar
Miles Manchester- Electric Guitar/Vocals
Travis Kester- Drums
Caleb Gould- anything(piano, drums,jimbae, ect.)
Michael Manchester- Vocals
Victoria Showalter- Violin/Vocals
Randi Kelley- Accoustic Guitar/Vocals
Samantha Hansen- Vocals

3 comments:

Susan said...

That is so awesome that practice went so great. You amaze me more and more Sam with all that you do and you are always so upbeat and happy. God's light is really shining when you are around. Keep it up!!!

Samantha said...

Thanks Susan!

Heather said...

You guys did awesome on Sunday! You ROCKED Hillsong!

I love you sooooooooo much:)